Monday, May 17, 2010

Mom - Ben Harrison

Cynthia Sharma

Mom
Ben Harrison

She lives and loves, and hopes that we will see
Our lives are jewels to her and we all know
Her all she gives that we may happy be.

She made our breakfast, lunch, and tea
And packed us in the car to school to go
She lived and loved, and hoped that we would see.

When dad was gone she bounced us on her knee;
Our pants, when they did rip, she gladly sew’d
Her all she gave that we may happy be.

When I was young she made it clear to me
That it was good for me to work, to rake and hoe,
She lived and loved and hoped that we would see.

And when I cried from the sting of a bee
She held me, rocked me, whispered “Yes, I know”
Her all she gave that I might happy be.

The years have passed and I have come to be
A man who says to her, “Well, now I know.”
She lives and loves, and hopes that we will see;
Her all she gave that we may happy be.

No comments:

Post a Comment